The Filipina Women’s Network (FWN) is a non-profit association for women of Philippine ancestry. FWN provides educational resources through publications, lectures, activities, and programs to further the professional and personal development of its members.
FWN enhances public perceptions of Filipina women’s capacities to lead, changes biases against Filipina women’s leadership abilities and promotes the entry of Filipina women into positions of leadership in corporate, government, and nonprofit sectors.
FWN achieves these goals through public education forums, community and corporate outreach, research on Filipina women’s issues, leadership and skill-building/career development programs for Filipina women, and influencing popular culture.
FWN's current membership represents Filipina women from corporations, government and nonprofit sectors including organizations who support FWN’s mission.
Why Our Meetings Are Different
FWN provides Filipina women with opportunities to share practical career and business experiences. This focus on actual career and business experiences, rather than theory, from practitioners, corporate managers and leaders, along with peer networking, are the distinguishing features of FWN meetings.
FWN's Powerful Programs
FWN's programs are project driven:
- Filipinas Against Violence - in collaboration with V-Day (in March during Women's History Month) raising awareness about the serious problems of domestic violence in the Filipino community with the all-Filipina productions of The Vagina Monologues, A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and A Prayer (MMRP) film viewing of Until the Violence Stops and CourtWatch of domestic violence issues, legislation and court cases affecting the Filipino community.
- Vagina Warriors - are the women and men who have experienced violence personally or witnessed violence within their own families or communities. Instead of taking a gun to seek revenge or becoming an abuser, they have dedicated themselves to ending violence against Filipina women and girls through effective, grassroots means. Vagina Warriors are selected annually to coincide with the Filipinas Against Violence.
- Filipina Summit - Every year, the Filipina Women's Network (FWN) brings together Filipina women, corporate America's untapped source of leadership at a time when economic, social and political challenges demand new levels of talent and innovation. The FWN Summit is held in October in celebration of Filipino Heritage Month.
- Pinay Power 2012 - Pinay Power 2012 is a dream with a meaningful purpose - double the number of Filipina women leaders by 2012. To achieve this goal, we launched the nationwide search to identify the 100 Most Influential Filipina Women in the U.S. who are shaping our community's influence in American society today and how they are impacting our future.
Pinay Power 2012 is a result of the Future Search at the 4th Annual Filipina Summit held in San Francisco last year.
- Filipina Women Who Could Be President - A non-partisan training program that will provide Filipina women the leadership competencies and grassroots support in three career paths - management, entrepreneurship, and public service. The mission of this program is to encourage more Filipina women to aim high, take on leadership roles, be a catalyst in making it absolutely normal in the eyes of the press and the public to ascend to the roles of senior management and the position of president. Will be launched in the Fall of 2008.
On an individual level, you will.....
- Have many opportunities to "give back" and share your skills, connections and expertise with your peers in the Filipina community
- Help shape the Filipina image
- Develop and practice important business and leadership skills that are not utilized in your paid work
- Broaden your professional network and make valuable personal contacts
- Become recognized by your peers and gain visibility in the Filipina community
- Be a decision-maker and influence the organization’s work
- Gain access to new professional developments and cutting-edge information to advance your business or career
- Access to information about job openings and business opportunities
- Access to career, financial and life planning services at discounted fees
- Email updates
- Speaking and publishing opportunities
- Discounts to all FWN events
- Listing in the annual FWN Magazine & Membership Directory
- Preferential Rates to FWN Professional Development Programs
- Leadership Development
- Personal Image Program
- Career Services
Your organization will also enjoy benefits from your membership and volunteer work, such as:
Membership dues are $200 annually renewable every year on anniversary date, and include participation as a FEMtor or FEMtee on FEMtorMatch™.
- The application of your new management and leadership abilities on the job
- Access to Filipina women in other organizations
- The opportunity to test new ideas with other professionals before implementation
Requirements to join FWN:
- Recruit at least one new FWN member a year
- Attend Filipina Summit annually held in October