The Filipina Women’s Network (FWN) is a San Francisco based 501 (c)(3) non-profit, non-partisan international advocacy organization that seeks to increase the power and influence of Filipina women as leaders and policy makers on economic and social justice and women’s rights in the private and public sectors.
With members in 31 countries, FWN provides: INFLUENCE. KNOWLEDGE. ACCESS. to support the success of Filipina women in their businesses and careers.
FWN provides the content, credibility and a worldwide network of Filipina women professionals to support the success of fellow members in their businesses and careers.FWN enhances public perceptions of Filipina women’s capacities to lead, changes biases against Filipina women’s leadership abilities and promotes the entry of Filipina women into positions of leadership in corporate, government, and nonprofit sectors.
FWN achieves these goals through public education forums, community and corporate outreach, research on Filipina women’s issues, leadership and skill-building/career development programs for Filipina women, and influencing popular culture.
FWN's current membership represents Filipina women from corporations, government/military and nonprofit sectors including organizations who support FWN’s mission.
Why Our Meetings Are Different
FWN provides Filipina women with opportunities to share practical career and business experiences. This focus on actual career and business experiences, rather than theory, from practitioners, corporate managers and leaders, along with peer networking, are the distinguishing features of FWN meetings.
FWN's Powerful Programs
FWN's programs are project driven:
- Filipinas Against Violence - Filipina Women's Network's annual anti-domestic violence campaign includes CourtWatch of domestic violence court cases, tracking legislation and issues affecting Filipina women and children. It also includes a collaboration with Eve Ensler's V-Day and One Billion rising organizations to raise awareness through theatre, popular culture and education about the high incidence of violence in Asian homes and intimate partner relationships. Our mission is to encourage Filipina women in abusive relationships to take action and seek help. Engaging the Filipino and Asian communities through the V-Day shows and hearing the women's stories "hits home" and helps the Asian community understand the broader connections of Asian values such as respect for women, dignity, family, equality and justice to social and economic issues and to class and religion. The Vagina Monologues have been performed in San Francisco, New York, Washington DC, Las Vegas, Toronto, Canada and London, United Kingdom. More info at https://filipinawomensnetwork.org/about-fwn-against-violence
- Filipina Leadership Global Summit - The leading forum of its kind. The annual Filipina Leadership Global Summit brings together some of the top and most influential Filipina women business owners and professionals from around the globe to create a networking pipeline thru reciprocal relationships. The speakers chosen for the summit are all at the top of their game sharing their experiences and insights on how they became successful, how they turned their success into significant work and what it means to be an Influential Woman in today’s business world. Attend and meet awesome FWN members and awardees so you may expand your global reach and the FWN sisterhood. More info: www.filipinasummit.org
- Most Influential Filipina Women in the World Awards - Pinay Power is a dream with a meaningful purpose - double the number of Filipina women leaders by 2020. To achieve this goal, FWN launched the nationwide search to identify the 100 Most Influential Filipina Women in the World who are shaping our global community's influence in society today and how they are impacting our future. More info at https://www.filipinasummit.org/nominate
FEMtorMatch™ is the Filipina Women's Network's strategy for developing next generation Filipina leaders through local and global partnerships between female mentors, FEMtors™, and female mentees, FEMtees™. FEMtorMatch™ provides structured one-on-one mentoring that harnesses the power of the Internet to broaden and deepen the reach of traditional mentoring. Thus, both FEMtors™ and FEMtees™ can reside anywhere in the world. More info at https://www.femtormatch.org/#about-femtormatch
The FWN Filipina Leadership Book Series fills the gap in the leadership literature that has missed the opportunity to survey the leadership competencies of the women of Philippine ancestry. A ground-breaking book series that documents the leadership stories about victories over poverty, domestic violence, incarceration, discrimination and harassment which shaped their world view, leader identity, life purpose, power and influence. The book series is key to FWN’s strategy in building its pipeline of qualified leaders that some will rise to the leadership position in all sectors of the economy. The authors and contributors are recipients of the Filipina Women's Network's 100 Most Influential Filipina Women in the World™ Award™. More info at https://www.filipinaleadership.org - To order the DISRUPT Filipina Leadership Book Series, go to the Amazon site at on.ffwn.org/DISRUPT
- Vagina Warriors - are the women and men who have experienced violence personally or witnessed violence within their own families or communities. Instead of taking a gun to seek revenge or becoming an abuser, they have dedicated themselves to ending violence against Filipina women and girls through effective, grassroots means. Vagina Warriors are selected annually to coincide with the Filipinas Against Violence.
- Filipina Women Who Could Be President - A non-partisan training program that will provide Filipina women the leadership competencies and grassroots support in three career paths - management, entrepreneurship, and public service. The mission of this program is to encourage more Filipina women to aim high, take on leadership roles, be a catalyst in making it absolutely normal in the eyes of the press and the public to ascend to the roles of senior management and the position of president.
On an individual level, you will.....
- Have many opportunities to "give back" and share your skills, connections and expertise with your peers in the Filipina community
- Help shape the Filipina image
- Develop and practice business and leadership skills that are not utilized in your paid work
- Broaden your professional network and make valuable personal contacts
- Become recognized by your peers and gain visibility in the Filipina women community
- Be a decision-maker and influence the organization’s work
- Access professional development and cutting-edge learning to advance your business or career
- Access to information about job openings and business opportunities
- Access to career, financial and life planning services at discounted fees
- Email updates
- Speaking and publishing opportunities
- Discounts to all FWN events
- Listing in the annual FWN Magazine & Membership Directory
- Preferential Rates to FWN Professional Development Programs:
- Leadership Development
- Personal Image Program
- Career Services
Your organization will also enjoy benefits from your membership, volunteer work, such as:
Membership contribution dues are $250 annually renewable every year on anniversary date, and include participation as a FEMtor or FEMtee on FEMtorMatch™. A $8 one-time application fee is assessed during the application process and a $50 late fee is assessed if contribution dues are lapsed 90 days.
- The application of your new management and leadership abilities on the job
- Access to Filipina women in other organizations
- The opportunity to test new ideas with other professionals before implementation
Requirements to join FWN:
- Recruit at least one new FWN member a year
- Attend Filipina Summit annually held in October
Worldwide Search for the 100 Most Influential Filipina Women in the World Award™ (Global FWN100™)
We are looking for fearless, passionate, purpose-driven, socially conscious Filipina women who are making an impressive impact in society - a forward looking leader championing a groundbreaking project that benefits the lives of others in the workplace and our society. #FilipinaDisrupter
After six years of recognizing the Most Influential Filipina Women in the United States, FWN expanded its search worldwide to find Filipina women doing awesome work in their industries, communities and organizations in the global workplace. The Global FWN100™ Awards recognize women who have risen to the most influential and/or highest positions in corporations and non profit/government institutions in Africa, North America, South America, Asia, Australia, Antartica, Europe and USE their influence to better the lives of the communities where they live and work.
Questions? Find answers in the Awards FAQs.
Ready to nominate? Go to filipinasummit.org/nominate/
For a list of previous FWN100™awardees, visit the 100 Most Influential Filipina Women page.